It has been all change for me recently. I have left my job at Avanade and have setup my own business developing a website full time that I've been working on for nearly a year now.
The website is www.safetytrainingnetwork.co.uk and is aimed at providing services to make business easier for organisations and people involved in delivering Safety Training in the UK. The standard service is free. For this you get:
- An online calendar which allows you to share your availability with others
- Portfolio Builder to manage and share you continuous professional development portfolios (which is a requirement for being a First Aid Trainer for example)
- Skill profiles, which allow you to say what skills you have and where (geographically) you are prepared to use them
- Online profile which displays a summary of your portfolios / skills you have made public
- Feedback - you can receive feedback on training which is again a requirement for delivering first aid training in the UK.
I am publishing the progress of this venture on a dedicated Safety Training Network blog. All I can report currently is that progress is steady even if a lot slower than I was hoping!!